|Season 1, Episode 11|
|First Aired||August 12, 2001|
"The New Person"
"A Private Life"
Nate, David and Brenda take an interesting trip to Vegas for a funeral directors' conference.
The day before Rico is expecting his own new baby, he must deal with handling a 3-week old dead baby. Nate, David, and Brenda go to Las Vegas for a funeral director's convention. David continues to "date" rather random men, and trying desperately to hide it from his mother and family. Ruth gets bold and actually attempts to ask David about whether or not he is g.... but David rudely interrupts her and says they can talk about it later. Claire is struggling with feelings for Gabe, whether they are guilt or adoration is a bit fuzzy. Ruth signs up for flower arranging classes to improve her skills, only to discover she's conceived as a bit controlling and tight.
- Peter Krause as Nate Fisher
- Michael C. Hall as David Fisher
- Frances Conroy as Ruth Fisher
- Lauren Ambrose as Claire Fisher
- Freddy Rodriguez as Federico Diaz
- Mathew St. Patrick as Keith Charles
- Jeremy Sisto as Billy Chenowith
- Rachel Griffiths as Brenda
- Ed O'Ross as Nikolai
- Mary Gross as Floral Instructor
- Eric Balfour as Gabriel Dimas
- Justina Machado as Vanessa Diaz
- Michelle Ruben as Amber
Also Guest Starring
- Gary Hershberger as Matthew Gilardi
- Wendy Schaal as Vickie Dimas
- Blake Adams as Brad
- Patrick Cavanaugh as Dillon's Father
- Veronica Lauren as Dillon's Mother
- Jenette Goldstein as Obstetrician
- Joel Brooks as Robbie
- Harry S. Murphy as Kroehner Funeral Director
- Linda Klein as Delivery Room Doctor
- David Ursin as Processing Officer
- David Doty as Schaeger
- Steve Hafvendahl as Dooley
- Jonathan Brent as One-Night Stand
Dillon Michael Cooper
May 4th, 2001- May 23, 2001
Born May 4, 2001; passed away May 23, 2001. Dillon is survived by his loving parents, Mike and Paula; his grandparents, Jane and Dan Cooper and Theresa and James Walmsley.
Dillon, you were the light and joy of our lives. Every second we had with you was a gift. Mommy and Daddy love you so much and miss you. You will always be our beautiful baby boy.
Funeral service will be held today at 1PM at Fisher & Sons Funeral Home.
- This episode is the only episode to date that doesn't show the face of the person who died in the opening. This is also the youngest deceased, that we know of, that Fisher & Sons take care of throughout the series.
|Submission||Dust to Dust|
|Everyone's a Winner||Syd Dale|
|With Plenty of Money and You||Tony Bennett|
|Doo Wah Doo Wah||Syd Dale|
|Prelude #15, Op. 28||Frederic Chopin|
|A Paris||Francis Lemarque|
|Sexy Body||Jungle Brothers|
|Something Hot||Afghan Whigs|