|Season 1, Episode 6|
|First Aired||July 8, 2001|
"An Open Book"
An ornery widower camps out in the Fisher Funeral Home; sparks fly between Claire and Billy.
Nate continues to learn disturbing things about his father. This time he finds out that sometimes his father would barter for funerals. In one case, he traded a room. While David is pursuing a closer relationship with his church, a divorcee tries to pursue a closer relation with him. Claire meets Brenda's brother Billy and they hit it off extremely well. Ruth is still with Hiram, but is now also being pursued by her husband's florist, Nikolai.
- Peter Krause as Nate Fisher
- Michael C. Hall as David Fisher
- Frances Conroy as Ruth Fisher
- Lauren Ambrose as Claire Fisher
- Freddy Rodriguez as Federico Diaz
- Mathew St. Patrick as Keith Charles (credit only)
- Jeremy Sisto as Billy Chenowith
- Rachel Griffiths as Brenda Chenowith
Also Guest Starring
- Dina Waters as Tracey Montrose Blair
- Shishir Kurup as Restaurant Owner
- Jeffrey Corbett as One Night Stand
- Tim deZarn as Mechanic
- Lorinne Vozoff as Jessica Wilcox
- David Stifel as Indigent Man
- Howard Mungo as Man At Viewing
- Jessica Stone as Young Brenda
Mildred "Hattie" Effinger Jones
April 16th, 1920- March 21st, 2001
Mildred "Hattie" Jones passed away peacefully on March 21, 2001.
Hattie was born on April 16, 1920, in Carbondale, PA, the second youngest of nine children. She met her husband Alfred at a county fair, where she was performing with her sisters in a vocal trio called "The Glory Bees" and he was playing trombone in a traveling band. The couple wed two weeks later, on May 8, 1944 and continued traveling with Alfred's band before eventually settling in California.
Hattie loved to cook, crochet and sing in the church choir. She was a loving wife, friend and sister, and will be remembered for her humor, her generosity, her famous coffee cakes and her beaming smile.
Hattie is survived by her loving husband of 56 years, Alfred; her sister Mabel and her brother Mitchell.
Visitation will be held at Fisher & Sons Funeral Home, today from 2-4PM. Funeral mass will follow at 5PM at Second Baptist Church. God bless you, Hattie. We will miss you dearly.
|Journey to the Center of the Mind||Amboy Dukes|
|Celluloid Hypnotic (Hypnotic Remix)||Spylab|
|Shake||Chris Walsh & Dave Beran|
|Let's Go Out Tonight||Craig Armstrong|