|Season 1, Episode 13|
|First Aired||August 19, 2001|
"A Private Life"
"In the Game"
Tracy Montrose Blair is back but for very different reasons this time. Her Aunt Lillian has passed away and David is the only one that can help her. While David is trying to deal with Tracy's outrageous demands and cope with her ever-changing ideas, Nate is trying to deal with Brenda and her family. Interrupted from his funeral director's exam, Nate scurries over to Brenda's so he can take her to visit Billy. Ruth finally decides she doesn't want to be involved with Nikolai and gets fired because of it.
- Peter Krause as Nate Fisher
- Michael C. Hall as David Fisher
- Frances Conroy as Ruth Fisher
- Lauren Ambrose as Claire Fisher
- Freddy Rodriguez as Federico Diaz
- Mathew St. Patrick as Keith Charles
- Jeremy Sisto as Billy Chenowith
- Rachel Griffiths as Brenda
Also Guest Starring
- Ed O'Ross as Nikolai
- Dina Waters as Tracy Montrose Blair
- Eric Balfour as Gabriel
- Tim Maculan as Father Jack
- Marina Black as Parker
- Timm Sharp as Andy
- Garrison Harrison as Matthew Gilardi
- Brian Poth as Marc Foster
- Justina Machado as Vanessa Diaz
- Frank Birney as Walter Kriegenthaler
- Nancy Linehan Charles as Connie
- Giancarlo Rodriguez as Julio Diaz
- Aaron Leigh as Dink
- Terrell Clayton as Eddie
- Cameron Watson as Doctor
- Frank Crim as Convenience Store Clerk
- Jamie McShane as Paramedic
- Hayden Tank as Young Nate
- Maximillian Orion Kesmodel as Young David
Lillian Grace Montrose
October 4th, 1936 - June 14th, 2001
Beloved aunt of Tracy Montrose Blair, Ms. Montrose passed away in the comfort of her home on Thursday.
Lillian Grace Montrose spent her early childhood in Austria where her father taught music composition at the Vienna Music Conservatory. An accomplished musician in her own right, Ms. Montrose received a music degree from Baltimore's prestigious Peabody Conservatory. She later attended Sarah Lawrence College, where she got a Masters degree in French Literature.
An ardent traveler, Ms. Montrose met her late husband, Rolph, while engaging in an archeological dig in Nairobi. She suffered personal tragedies in her life, including losing her husband and only daughter, Claudia, in a fatal car accident ten years ago-but somehow she always persevered, like the great lady that she was.
Ms. Montrose was a respected and well-loved staple of her community. She raised Welsh Corgis on her estate and her dogs were twice awarded Best in Show at the Westminster Kennel Club's annual tournament. A tireless fundraiser, a patron of the arts and a master gardener, Ms. Montrose regularly combined her three great passions by hosting fundraising garden parties on her estate, inviting some of the world's most prominent writers, artists and statesmen.
In lieu of flowers, please send donations to the Junior League of Los Angeles, 630 North Larchmont Blvd., LA 90004
Funeral service for Ms. Montrose will be held on Monday, June 18th from 3-6PM at Fisher & Sons Funeral Home. Funeral Mass will follow at 6:30PM at St. Bartholomew's Church, LA.
- Brenda wants Nate to join her on a visit to Billy in the hospital.
- Artist: Eleni Mandel
- Song: Pauline
- Claire and Gabriel arrive at Parker's party.
- Artist: King Cobb Steelie
- Song: Mayday
- Gabriel and his buddies talk about doing a beer cow.
- Artist: Ettenne De Crecy
- Song: Scratched
- Claire walks in on Parker and Warren fooling around.
- Artist: Beta Band
- Song: Squares
- Gabriel and his buddies rob a convenience store.
- Artist: Cher
- Song: Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves
- Claire talks to Nathanial's ghost at the party.
- Artist: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
- Song: Red Eyes and Tears
- Lillian Montrose's viewing, Nate and David talk, Rico enters.
- Artist: Frederic Chopin
- Song: Prelude Op. #28
- Baby Augusto's Christening, Nate is at peace with his family.
- Artist: Cachaito
- Song: Mis Dos Pequenas