|A Private Life|
|Season 1, Episode 12|
|First Aired||August 19, 2001|
Brenda's parents and Nate consider getting help for Billy, but Brenda isn't so sure that's the answer.
Rico and Vanessa finally have their new son. Brenda tries to handle her brother's obsessiveness and suggests he give her back her house key and start back on his medication. Billy does not react too well to this. David's feelings about his secret come closer to the surface due to a hate crime against a gay man, that the funeral home now must deal with. Ruth tries to get her son to bring up the subject, but has a very difficult time. Nate has a freakish encounter with Billy. Claire and Gabe continue their odd-ish relationship.
- Peter Krause as Nate Fisher
- Michael C. Hall as David Fisher
- Frances Conroy as Ruth Fisher
- Lauren Ambrose as Claire Fisher
- Freddy Rodriguez as Federico Diaz
- Mathew St. Patrick as Keith Charles
- Jeremy Sisto as Billy Chenowith
- Rachel Griffiths as Brenda Chenowith
- Eric Balfour as Gabriel Dimas
- Brian Poth as Marc Foster
- Joel Brooks as Robbie
- Arthur Taxier as Marcus Foster
- Joan McMurtrey as Patsy Foster
Also Guest Starring
- Justina Machado as Vanessa Diaz
- David Noroña as Gary Deitman
- Terell Clayton as Eddie
- Zach Shaffer as Marc's Boyfriend
- Eric Payne as Police Captian
- Ted Garcia as TV Reporter
- Jason Matthew Smoth as Basher #1
- Billy Rieck as Basher #2
- Gunther Jensen as Fundamentalist #1
- Stewart Skelton as Fundamentalist #2
March 5th, 1978 - June 5th, 2001
West Hollywood Man Brutally Beaten
A wave of disbelief shook the gay community early yesterday morning when 23-year-old West Hollywood resident Marcus Foster Jr. was brutally beaten in a hate crime reminiscent of the Matthew Shepard slaying that rocked the nation less than three years ago.
The attack occurred just after 12 a.m. as Foster and friend, Peter Janovic, were returning home from a late-night movie. The couple had stopped at a nearby ATM machine when they were chased by two men, armed with lead pipes. Janovic was able to escape and placed the 9-1-1 call that led to the arrest of William Yardly and Travis Lumner, both of Orange County. The two suspects were held overnight by police for further questioning.
Foster was a graduate student at UCLA, getting his Masters in English. He is survived by his parents, Patsy and Marcus Foster. No funeral arrangements were announced at this time, but a candlelight vigil will be held in Foster's honor on Tuesday, June 12th in West Hollywood.
|Who Are They||Buck-O-Nine|
|Everything's Moving Too Fast||Peggy Lee|
|L'elisir D'Amore||Enrico Caruso|